Hydro jetting is a widely-used method or process to remove accumulated contamination and dirt buildup on surfaces, as well as blockages on pipes using high-velocity water pressure through a jet nozzle. A typical hydro jet system consists of a pressure pump, high pressure hoses and the correct nozzle type, to deliver the intended water stream to the area to be cleaned.
• This process rids the interior of the pipe from built-up debris that has triggered a clog or slower flow. In cases of grease buildup, specialized nozzles can be used to additional effectiveness in resolving the drain clog.
• Before the hydro jetting, most drain cleaning services would rely on a tool such as an cable machine, or “snake”, to pierce the debris in a bid to open up the water flow. This is still a common method, and also works for smaller clogs.
• This process is considerably more efficient in clearing the build-up and reducing the chance of recurring clogs.
• Hydro jetting can shoot a maximum of 18 gallons of water per minute @ 4000 psi, through your sewer pipes.
• A broad range of materials can be cleared, ranging from build-up of hair, tree roots, food and grease.
When is hydro jetting required?
The hydro jetting process is required when the main line system is impaired with severe, recurrent clogs. The insides of pipes usually build up with grease or scale. These cause slow draining and eventually lead to clogging.
When this problem gets beyond the reach of many local drain cleaning services, it can even trigger sewer backups. If the plumbing system blocks up entirely, dirty water may find its way into your home.
An experienced plumbing service, who uses camera inspection will give insight, into whether or not hydro jetting is the right solution.
Please call 954.707.9594 to schedule an appointment